Monday, April 18, 2011

Jayme, Jayme, Jayme...

Well, I'm somewhat glad I left the door open for Jayme to call me. I heard from her on Saturday, around 10:30 in the evening. She was stranded on I-5 in the unsavory boyfriends truck. She believed there was an issue in the fuel tank, and it had run out of fuel shortly after being filled. She asked me to come get her. I didn't.

I offered her solutions that she could enact upon herself. Call a towing service, or AAA, or tell Lane to come get her. However, she couldn't afford those options. It's sad, that she really has nobody to call right now.

I was more upset after talking to her than I am now, reflecting. I know that in gently being busy and unavailable I did the right thing. She has to live with her choices. She also has to accept that in some respects, she's "cried wolf" and lied a few too many times. It will be a special circumstance where I am so moved to come save her. I will not enable her to go back to him. I will not enable him to fight his battle in court. I believe him to be guilty, however, I digress. This blog is about holding my line with her.

My job now is only to suggest options she can use herself, and that keep us all out of the line of fire. I am not going to enable in any way. I am not going to disable, either. That's the key. No, I won't come get you and drive you back to the RV and then take myself home. You can't afford trips, and neither can I; I'm also not willing to stay the night to rest anywhere where that man lays his head. I suggested AAA, however, when she asked for mine, it's so convenient that a membership only works if the member is present to show the card to the tow driver. So, she has choices to make, but they're all hers, all the time now.

You can't help someone who won't help themselves. I'm sorry I can't rescue you, Jayme; you're going to have to do it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment